I’ve been reading back through my blogs the past little while just to see what the difference was when I started this journey and where I am now. Some things I was looking for: What my motivation was like when I started, if I’m lacking it now. Weighing in, tracking food, new exercises etc.
Something has changed for me. I still love to get a good work out in, though I have days where I do not want to go to the gym. I still enjoying cooking and eating healthy meals but I’ve been slacking a bit lately and taking the easy . I haven’t even weighed myself in 2 weeks, I used to do it weekly to update the blog. I haven’t even taken pictures of myself . I’m still maintaining my weight (since the final weighing in Nov, so for 5 months now) but since winter has hit I have been less motivated than I was all summer. I need to figure out how to get that same motivation that I feel in the summer, all year-long since I have goals that I want to achieve.
Here’s a few ideas I’ve brainstormed up and am going to put into place (or back into place) starting this week
- get up and head straight to they gym
- pack weekly snacks in easy to grab containers
- plan out meals weekly
- buy new workout clothes (fun to show them off, right?)
- take weekly photos
- new target outfit
- sign up for spring rec team (I’ve wanted to play ultimate on a team for years)
- plan weekly runs with Jill, Aline, and whoever else wants to come
- get the broken treadmill out of the house, get the new one in and set up at home work out area
- give myself the rewards I was working towards
- Meet friends at the gym and put them through the workouts my trainer Danielle taught me :)
- Plan out monthly meals
- Shop after eating so I’m not interested in grabbing extra snacks
- Plan healthy meals on my weekly girls dinner night (we’ve been cooking at home instead of going out)
Currently with how I’m feeling about everything, I do not think that I will reach my 140 lbs goal by the end of March, As of January 27 2012 my goals are:
1) Reach my goal weigh to of 140 pounds by March 30 2012
2) To sign up and start training for a 10km run and if possible a 100km bike event –I would like to be able to run the 10km run in less than an hour, and I just want to finish the entire bike event since I didn’t finish last year.
3) To continue to work out 5 times a week, follow-up with Doctors appointments, Physio and do everything that I can to ensure I have healthy body.
I’m going to change my first goal to
1) Reach a weight of 146 pounds by March 30 2012. I think I can manage that and then set a new goal after that. I don’t know what I’m currently weighing in at, between 150-153 last time I checked so that’s about 2 lbs a week for the next 3 weeks. I will weigh in this FRIDAY like I said I would be doing!
my other goals I’m meeting so I’ll reassess them once March is up. I’ve got a new smoothy receipe I’m making tomorrow so if I love it, I will post it since I’ve been slacking at my reciepes to share.