I’ve been struggling with blogging lately and I think it’s because I’ve been struggling with my workouts, eating well and with that general overall feeling good/happy with myself. I’ve made some amazingly delicious and healthy recipes that I’ve started to share, I still have been working out and with my trainer, but I’m not losing the weight. I’m sitting between 150-153lbs depending on the day and it seems when I weigh in I’m at 153. Which is ok, I do feel so much better than I did when I started this blog but I’m unhappy about it because I have a goal and I’m not achieving it.
I’ve noticed now that Ryan is back in school and home every night I’ve almost gotten back int that being lazy routine. Don’t get me wrong I still work out as much as I can (it has been a struggle due to being sick and injuries lately, which I’ll talk about more in a sec) but I’ve been sitting around watching TV at night, eating in front of the TV and just not wanting to do anything. I do this more so when Ryan is home than when he isn’t. I’m not trying to blame it on Ryan and say I’m not losing weight cause he’s home, but it’s frustrating that I lose myself in his TV routine. He is thin, regardless of what he eats and how much activity he does (for now, knowing his family history this will catch up with him-and yes I worry about that already) but this is about me, I need to kick my butt into gear and not sit there with him! so what’s stopping me?
Apparently just myself.
I’m watching this seasons Biggest Loser, their slogan is “No Excuses” but the season has been full of excuses and I feel like that’s what I’ve been doing as well.
Here’s a list:
- It’s to cold
- my treadmill is broken
- I am tired
- I have no time
- I am depressed
- etc etc.
It’s a shit! Yes it has been -30 some days, so I need to get my ass TO the gym those days.
- My treadmill is broken– so I need to run outside on the nice days and make sure I go to the gym.
- I am tired to bed earlier and work on relaxing before hand,
- I have no time–STOP working so much, make time.
- I am depressed– go to the doctor and make sure I’m not clinically depressed or order a damn sun lamp so I can stop feeling the winter blues that always get me!
There now that I’ve worked through a few of my excuses I’m feeling a bit more ready for this up coming week.
I have had some injuries and I’ve been sick. Being sick calls for rest time, I don’t appreciate when other people are sick at the gym so i refuse to be one of those people there coughing and sneezing and infecting everyone else. But these injuries that keep popping up are starting to make me feel like a liar. I swear it’s like every other week something else is hurting. I think that people are going to stop believing me and start saying that I’m just making excuses. I pulled/kinked something in my lower back after training on Tuesday, while putting a weight away. HOW LAME! not even exercising I hurt myself! but it’s kept me out of the gym for 3 days. another excuse?
I think I’ve forgotten what my goals are. I know I have my rewards to work towards they are posted on the fridge but I think I need to rethink my goals and post them up there as well.
When I started this blog my goals were:
1) Work out 5 times a week-Any kind of work out: Tennis, golf, running, biking, frisbee, ball hockey etc.
2)Portion control-Measure/weigh what I eat to make sure I’m only eating the correct portion sizes.
3)Reach my goal weight of 140 pounds by October 24 2011.
As of January 27 2012 my goals are:
1) Reach my goal weigh to of 140 pounds by March 30 2012
2) To sign up and start training for a 10km run and if possible a 100km bike event –I would like to be able to run the 10km run in less than an hour, and I just want to finish the entire bike event since I didn’t finish last year.
3) To continue to work out 5 times a week, follow-up with Doctors appointments, Physio and do everything that I can to ensure I have healthy body.
It is Weigh in Day, I promised I would this friday since I haven’t in weeks, so here it is.
current weight: 152lbs
so I’m -1lb. Better than nothing that’s for sure! I’ m hitting up Zumba tonight with some ladies from my hockey team regardless of my stupid back kink-maybe it’ll get worked out by moving.
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!